The Burial Assistance Programme provides financial assistance to persons requiring aid for the burial of a family member.
The financial assistance is paid directly to the funeral home. An applicant can only be granted this assistance once in a twelve month period.
- The applicant must be earning minimum wage or lower.
- Be a Bahamian citizen or Bahamian Permanent Resident
- Be over the age of 18
- Be the Head of the Household
- Submit Pay Slip, Job letter or Termination Letter
- Valid Passport of Head of Household
- Valid NIB smart card of Head of Household
- Death certificate of deceased family member
- Submit a letter from the Funeral Home indicating the cost for services. The Funeral Home MUST be a registered as a Vendor with the Treasury Department.
- May need a Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree or legal separation documents for spouse
For Burial assistance, Apply now
Steps to get assistance
1Apply on this web portal or visit your nearest Community Support Outreach Centre. See Map here to find which Centre is responsible for the area where you live.
↓2A Social Services Representative will interview you to verify information
↓3If you apply by this web portal, you can track the status of your application
↓4Once a decision is made, you will be notified.
↓5If approved, payment will be made to the Funeral Home by digital wallet vendor or by direct deposit if the Funeral Home is already registered as a vendor with Treasury Department