The Burial Assistance Programme provides financial assistance to persons requiring aid for the burial of a family member.
The financial assistance is paid directly to the funeral home. An applicant can only be granted this assistance once in a twelve month period.
- The applicant must be earning minimum wage or lower.
- Be a Bahamian citizen or Bahamian Permanent Resident
- Be over the age of 18
- Be the Head of the Household
- Submit Pay Slip, Job letter or Termination Letter
- Valid Passport of Head of Household
- Valid NIB smart card of Head of Household
- Death certificate of deceased family member
- Submit a letter from the Funeral Home indicating the cost for services. The Funeral Home MUST be a registered as a Vendor with the Treasury Department.
- May need a Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree or legal separation documents for spouse
For Burial assistance, Apply now