The Financial Assistance Programme provides assistance to families with the following services: Utilities (water and electricity), Uniform and Footwear (for school- aged children), and household items (gas tank and cooking gas, bed, refrigerator and stove).
Assistance may be given to families whose utilities (water and electricity) have been disconnected or are facing disconnection.
Assistance for household items are granted once in a twelve month period.
- The applicant must be earning minimum wage or lower.
- Be a Bahamian citizen or Bahamian Permanent Resident
- Be over the age of 18
- Be the Head of the Household
- Submit Pay Slip, Job letter or Termination letter
- Submit a Valid Passport of Head of Household and all household
- Submit a Valid NIB smart card of Head of Household and all household members
- Birth certificate/Affidavit of child or children under the age of eighteen (18), and Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- May need a Marriage Certificate, Divorce decree or legal separation
documents to verify status
- Doctor’s letter, if unable to work due to ill health
Utilities: If you are seeking assistance with utilities (water and electricity) you will require the documents above and the following:
- Recent Utility Bill or Statement up to six (6) prior to the date of application
If you are seeking assistance to replace household items, such as beds, refrigerator and stove which may have been damaged by fire or a natural disaster, or if you need to purchase a cooking gas tank or obtain a gas tank refill, you will need the documents above and the following:
- Three price quotes for each item requested from companies that are
registered as vendors with Treasury Department.
This household assistance is granted once in a twelve (12) month period.
For Financial Asset assistance, Apply now
For Financial Utility Disaster assistance, Apply now
For Financial Utility assistance, Apply now